Tuesday, October 24, 2017

India The World’s Smallest Girl Now woman


NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpi








The world’s smallest woman told the Daily News Monday that she’s out to conquer the big screen.
On her first day ever in New York City, 12-pound Jyoti Amge, who is just 2 feet and seven-tenths of an inch tall, strolled through Times Square flashing a huge smile and posing for photos like an A-list celebrity.
“New York is very nice, very big,” said told The News. “I’ve always seen New York on television. I’m very excited to actually be here at last.”
Hailing from Nagpur, India, Jyoti came to Gotham to promote the “Guinness World Records 2014” book.
“I’m very happy to be the smallest girl on earth, I’m very proud of it,” said Jyoti, who is about as tall as a Barbie Dreamhouse.
Wearing a custom-tailored black-and-white gown, Jyoti’s hair was styled in a ponytail that was nearly as long as her. She wore a jewel bindi on her forehead and a gold stud in her nose.

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpiNYPD’s Officer Biggins looks after Jyoti in Times Square.

 (MARCUS SANTOS // NEW YORK DAILY NEWS )
The 19-year-old high school senior said she plans to go to college and study acting. 
“I’m trying to get into Bollywood, but my future destination is Hollywood,” she said confidently. “I’ll take any part I like. I don’t have any limitations.”
Jyoti has been the world’s smallest woman since 2011 and the smallest teenager on the planet since 2007.
Officials at the Guinness World Records learned of Jyoti after her father, Kisanji  Amge, contacted them. 
“They measured NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpime three times, once standing and twice lying down,” Jyoti said. “It was a bit scary. I didn’t know if I was the smallest girl in the world or not.”

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpiAt 2 feet and seven-tenths of an inch tall, the 12-pound Jyoti plans to study acting in college.

 (MARCUS SANTOS // NEW YORK DAILY NEWS )
Since being entered into the records book, Jyoti life has been a whirlwind of traveling the globe, making personal appearances and meeting dignitaries.
“When I was not famous, I thought I was handicapped,” she told The News. “But now everything is in my reach. I put myself into challenges and I just go for it.”
She’s also met the world’s tallest man, 8-foot-3-inch Sultan Kosen, and Chandra Bahadur Dangi, the world’s smallest man, who is shorter than her.
“Even I was shocked when I saw him,” Jyoti said of the 1-foot-9-inch Dangi of Nepal.
She said she’s looking forward to visiting the biggest lady in New York Harbor.

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpiIn her native India, Jyoti runs a foundation that helps the elderly and orphans.

 (MARCUS SANTOS // NEW YORK DAILY NEWS )
“I want to see the Statue of Liberty for myself,” she said.
Besides pursuing an acting career, Jyoti runs a foundation that helps the elderly and orphans in India.
“We feed the hungry,” she said.
She quickly drew a crowd walking through Times Square. When her interpreter, Dinesh Govindani, lifted her up so fans could see her, one man yelled, “Your beautiful!”
“I thought she was a baby,” said Eric Lee, 26, of Brooklyn.
On a visit to Engine Co. 65 on W. 43rd St., she barely came up to the knees of Firefighter Joseph Bellino.
“I saw her on a television special,” said Bellino. “But it doesn’t compare to real life. It’s absolutely shocking and she’s sweet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment