Saturday, July 14, 2012

Moon and the Sun Poem Kristen Brown


Moon and the Sun

Kiss me in the sunshine in the summer
I'm never scared, you're always there, you love me like no other
And when petals fall off roses and thorns grow on the briar
 
Just take my hand and you'll understand
Our love won't tame the fire

And when we're on the hill, whispers from the air call out to me
With a gentle touch, a sweet smell carried on the wind to parts unknown
As I wait for its return I find a four-leaf clover
My feet lift off the ground and I feel the sky
On the edge of hell, yet I'm still alive

And when our song has begun
We'll chase the moon and the sun
Then we'll feel fake wings, carried on by the wind

We'll carry on through life
Encounter the darkness and light
and if our love should end, we'll either sink or swim

Carrying on through life
Seeking the moon in the sky
 
I fly so far away back to my sweet escape
And then here you are
The sun will never be far
We'll eclipse all those sad, sad, fac

No comments:

Post a Comment